At the app store now....
At the app store now....
Woah RED support! quick freeze frames, and chapter markers looks great!
Yes, all welcome. But is it only me that's disappointed at the still poor multitrack audio implementation? Still no meters per track.....clip...errr.... call it what you will. < sigh >
Been using it today and it's great. A nice speed bump as well. Dual viewers very welcome along with "Paste Attributes"! :dance:
Don't think we'll see much more in the way of audio. My guess is that hole will be plugged by Logic Pro X.
Here's the list of some of the new features. From Apple.
- Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precide editing of individual audio channels[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Unified import window for transferring media from both file based cameras and folders of files[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- RED Camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- MXF plugin support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using 3rd prty plugins.[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Dual Viewers (Yay!) each with video scope display, let you compare shots to match action & colour[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Option to add chapter markers in the timelinefor export to video files, DVD and Blu-ray disc[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser andd allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips [/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a singel keystroke[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle and more[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- Compound Clip creation in the Timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
- XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third party apps[/*:m:ctcbcqz5]
I agree this is all welcome..... but I do a LOT of multicam work and I still don't see how they intended multitrack secondary audio to work with multicam within FCP-X. It's like they wanted to make this hard !
Don't get me wrong. There is so much I love about FCPX, but audio is the one thing that's keeping me from using it for most projects. If they really do integrate Logic Pro X in a way that gives me access to ALL my audio in a multicam sequence then I'm all over it, but it still seems to me (and I could be wrong here) that there is no obvious way to handle this and everything is a 'workaround'.
Seanus, do you do any multicam where you need to cross fade / mix between several different audio tracks, from different devices during the project? I'd love to know how you work with this.
3x Video tracks, each with dual mono audio, left is ambient room (including crowd applause etc), right is wireless lav. We'll need to cross cut / fade between these as different people speak. Now add 3x Stereo audio tracks recorded on other recorders and/or soundtrack to accompany what is happening in the video.
So, there are:
3 video tracks
3x mono ambient audio tracks
3x mono lav mic tracks
3x stereo feeds
I want to multicam between those video tracks (without switch audio - that's easy) and then mix the 9 audio tracks as needed after the mutlicam edit is done. This was trivial in FCP7 and is still trivial today in Premiere Pro. It seems really hard in FCP-X so I MUST be missing something really simple, or they never intended it to work in the first place.
All my multicam work is strictly interviews so I've never had any issues. But understand people's concerns. I thought this was supposed to be fixed in this version.
The one big ticket item still left on my list is a fully customizable interface. If I get that then ill be 90% happy.
Me too. I guess I was hoping for too muchOriginally Posted by Seanus
Actually - I think they may have done 'just' enough to make it workable..... will play some more but it's looking promising.... although you have to go a long way about getting to where you need to be !
Paste Attirbutes!!!! Wooohooooo Finally!!! :headbang: :headbang:
But no scrolling timeline - bummer.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|